Although the program doesn’t start until August, they can register now to avoid the last minute rush for certificates.
Don’t wait until summer!
To be eligible, a child must be 4 on or before September 1, 2019 (birthdate from 9/2/2014 through 9/1/2015).
- Families must have a working email address (gmail and yahoo offer free accounts)
- Log on to www.VPKDuval.org and complete online application
- Separately scan and submit supporting documents in PDF format
- Proof of Florida residency (current utility bill, driver’s license or pay stub)
- Proof of child’s age (birth certificate, military ID, shot record)
- Once application and documentation have been reviewed, you will receive an email notifying you to log in and print the VPK Certificate of Eligibility
- For more information, call 904-208-2044 or visit www.earlylearningjax.org
Why Enroll Your Child:
- The most important growth and development in the brain happens by age five (5).
- The early years are the learning years and children who participate in high quality childhood education programs develop better language skills, score higher on assessment tests, have better social skills, have fewer behavioral problems, and are
more likely to graduate from high school.
- VPK children have a beginning understanding of leadership.
- 4-year-old children love to move and VPK helps to increase their coordination and motor skills that open up new opportunities for active exploration.
- VPK provides hands-on experiences that have been planned by knowledgeable teachers.
- Florida’s VPK standards were not developed to be “one size fits all.” Children learn at different rates and have different experiences, abilities, and interests.
- VPK opens the door to a world of learning, discovery and creativity, exposing children to many different types of books so they are ready to learn to read and write when they begin school.
- VPK standards includes 5 main components: listening, speaking, vocabulary, sentences and conversation.