Here’s what’s happening this month at Park’s Place Learning Center.
Wow! I can’t believe that it’s October already! Butterfly infants had a wonderful time developing their milestones. They are getting better with their motor skills, sensory skills, and communication skills. Also, our babies had so much fun during tummy time, it’s one of their favorite things to do. Babies join hands together in friendship. Our babies this month we will be enjoying a lot more exciting activities as Halloween approaches. Our babies have also been enjoying floor time, learning, and tummy time.
This month we learned about our family, friends, feelings and ourselves. We did a lot of scribbles which were very fun. It’s been so fun learning the colors and numbers in both English and Spanish. We have lots of fun everyday in the Grasshopper Room. Playing with our friends and singing everyday. We love to make animal sounds and jump around like a frog. We can’t wait to see what is store for us this month.
This month we’re excited about fall! We’ve been enjoying the leaves change colors. We have discovered that red and yellow create orange! We went over letters, shapes, numbers and colors. We have learned to become observant with the change of season. We are very curious about learning there is a sense of excitement in the air. We are looking forward to another month of learning.
Mrs. Michelle, VPK A/B
Mrs. Regina, VPK C
September was fantastic month we learned about our feelings, family and friends. We scribbled in numbers and letters which was very fun to do since we could color outside the lines. We learned about friends and sharing .We also reviewed our alphabet, numbers, and shapes in both English and Spanish! We can’t wait to see what an exciting month we will have in October.
This month was a wonderful month in Pre-K 3. We talked about friends, family, and ourselves. We enjoyed friends and family week and were able to talk about ours. The children and parents made a collage of their family which were hung around the classroom so that everyone could enjoy them. The children reviewed letters, numbers, shapes, and colors. Can’t wait to see what is in store for us this month!
Dates to Remember
- Oct 1: Breast Cancer Month
- Oct 7: Spirit Day
- Oct 14: No VPK/Teacher Planning Columbus Day
- Oct 17: Report Cards
- Oct 18: VPK Awards Ceremony
- Oct 21: Field Trip
- Oct 26: Early Release Day
- Oct 31: Fall Festival/Trunk or Treat (Wizard of Oz theme)
Safety Tips for a Happy Halloween
- Use hypoallergenic, non-toxic paint or makeup instead of masks. Masks can obscure your child’s vision and/or hinder their breathing.
- Avoid oversized costumes and shoes that could trip your child.
- Attach reflective tape to costumes or candy bags to make children more visible to drivers.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths and choose direct routes with few street crossings.
- Children under 12 should always trick-or-treat with an adult.
- Children over 12 should trick-or-treat in groups with a flashlight and cell phone if not accompanied by an adult.
Calling All Volunteers!
Monday, October 31st – Fall Festival
Volunteers needed to decorate their trunks and hand out candy. Please sign up at the front desk!