Children have different ways of behaving with others. How does your child like to spend time and how does he or she act? Match your child’s temperament with the style of an early learning program. Remember, there is no right or wrong temperament or personality. Understanding your child’s activity level and personality will help you find the best early learning program for your
What is your child’s personal style?
- Approaches new people/situations with ease
- Good with transitions
Find large group settings that provide social opportunities and new experiences.
Cautious/Slow to warm up
- Cautious in new surroundings/with new people
- Has difficulty with transitions
Find small group settings that ore less overwhelming.
- Passionate, feels things intensely
- Has difficulty controlling strong feelings
- Impatient and demanding
Find programs where each child has a primary caregiver.
How does your child react to the world?
- Expresses feelings and does not hold back
Find caregivers who help your child express emotions in a more controlled way.
- Plays quietly, fusses very little and sleeps a lot Find teachers who introduce new activities gently.